A new kind of midsole made of olefin was designed by Dow chemists. It’s called UA HOVR Foam, and it’s a lightweight alternative to commonly-used EVA foam.
That proprietary foam is encapsulated in material the company calls an “energy web.” The package (foam plus the external “web” material) is the heart of the HOVR technology.
The brand notes the web helps “maintain the midsole’s shape and, in return, delivers strong responsiveness and energy return.”
This combination, Under Armour states, lets the shoe absorb “some of the impact your body would normally feel, aiding in your comfort and keeping your legs fresh.”
As promised, the shoe delivered comfort and responsiveness. The longer you ran the more you appreciated the shoe—the HOVR tech is a notable new platform upgrade for pounding miles on pavement.
• NON-CONNECTED EDITION: These shoes are not equipped with UA’s Record Sensor™ & will not pair to your phone (Connected Edition available on ua.com & at UA Brand House)
• UA HOVR® technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
• Compression mesh Energy Web contains & molds UA HOVR® foam to give back the energy you put in
• Microthread upper dries fast & provides a breathable, compression-like fit that delivers lightweight directional strength & unmatched comfort
• 3D molded midfoot panel with laser perforations for increased ventilation
• Knit ankle collar provides a snug, bootie-like fit
• External heel counter creates the ultimate in stable support
• Ultra-breathable, SpeedForm® 2.0 sockliner is built into the shoe with gender specific contours for extra protection & softer underfoot support
• Full rubber outsole features unique knobbed texture for elevated traction & durability